June 16

The Forests of Silence Reviewed by Ed Pill

The Forests of Silence is an exciting adventure book set in the forest. Lief’s father Jarred, tried to protect the gems of Deltora but the villainous birds called Ak-baba took them and hid them. Lief has to go on a quest to get the gems back, he is accompanied by Barda. If you want to know what happens to Lief and Barda and if they recover the gems then you will need to read the book.

The main characters are Endon, Jarred, Barda and Lief. Endon is the son of the king. His father died when Endon was very young, so Endon was a very young king. Endon always followed the rules and was serious about everything. Jarred is Lief’s father and tried to get Endon to wear the belt.  Jarred is nice and likes to do things the way they should be done. Barda has to accompany Lief on his quest. Bara is strong and tries to keep Lief out of danger. Lief has to go a quest to get the gems of Deltora back, Lief is kind and is determined to get the gems back.

My favourite part in the book was when the Wenn paralyzed Lief and Barda and took them into the forest. I liked this part because Emily Rodda described that part so well. I loved this book because it was an adventure book and you always wondered what would happen next and what they would do and how they would do it.

This book was a great read and I would recommend it for children aged 8 to 14. I loved this book and I would rate it 8/10.

Posted June 16, 2016 by baker2012 in category Uncategorized