June 16

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes Reviewed by Josh Faoro

Sadako is an emotional book set in Japan. Sadako is a girl that had the atom bomb disease and is very sick. She is told a story that if she folds 1000 paper cranes she will get a wish. Will she get her wish? Read Sadako and the 1000 paper cranes to find out!

The main characters in this book are Sadako, Kenji and Mr & Mrs Sasaki. Sadako is the daughter of Mrs Sasaki. She believed in everything and never gave up. Kenji is the sister of Sadako and she helped Sadako when she was sick. Kenji told lots of myths and legends. Mr and Mrs Sasaki were the parents of Sadako. They supported Sadako in the hospital whenever Sadako was hurt or was feeling sick.

My favourite part was when Sadako started to make paper cranes because before that she thought that she would die. In her mind she was gone but her sister told her about the legend so Sadako got started, more confident than ever. She didn’t want to give up and she didn’t care if it was a waste of time, she just did it.

I loved this book because it was passionate, lovely and caring but also a bit sad which made it interesting and exciting. It was lovely because everyone helped Sadako and it was caring because the parents took care of Sadako in all times. It was also sad because one part there’s no hope and her grandma died so it made it harder of Sadako.

My rating depends on the plot and how good the characters were so I’ll give it a 8.7 out of 10 and the recommended age for this sad and happy book is 8 to 16 years of age.

Posted June 16, 2016 by baker2012 in category Uncategorized