Sophie’s 100WC

I was moving house. I had just got to my new house and l was exploring and I came across a room and on the door it said,’’DO NOT ENTER!’’in capital letters. Suddenly l felt a small tinkle inside me to open the door. My brain said no but my body said yes. My hand reached out to open the door. The door opened and there it was, a small gloomy dark room with no sound to be heard and that’s when I saw movement. That’s when I started to worry. Then I saw a huge spider and I ran!

2 Comments on Sophie’s 100WC

1. Michelle Thatcher
    February 20, 2016 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

That was close Soph!

2. Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    February 21, 2016 at 11:12 am (2 years ago)

Hello Sophie,

What an interesting idea for the prompt you have shared. I have read a few entries for this prompt where there were treasures, thieves in the night, lost objects and others but your story is the first with a mysterious room and a “DO NOT ENTER!” warning sign on the door.

It looks as though curiosity got the better of you. I know it probably would with me if it was in my new house although I tend to find spiders interesting rather than frightening but I am a nature fan. Well done.

I can see the care you have taken with spelling and punctuation in the story you have shared. This demonstrates your growing skills as a writer. Again, well done.

I hope you can keep entering the 100WC. Good writers have the chance to share their stories with the world, or at least another state in my case.

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia