April 21

Gee’s Easter Holidays…

As usual, the first week of my holidays mainly consisted of boredom, boredom and a little bit more boredom. I had a few friends over, here and there, but nothing really exciting happened until the second week of the holidays. This is when mum finally had a break off work and I finished cleaning out my room. Geez that was a struggle, finishing it after like three weeks, is a good feeling.

As you know, the four leaders did that small presentation at the Prep Information Evening and as a reward; Mrs Moss gave us movie vouchers for Village Cinemas. On Tuesday 15th, we decided to see Captain America 2, but unfortunately, Riley was too sick to sit in the Cinemas so only Tom, Tilly and I went.

On Wednesday of the second week, my cousin and her boyfriend came for dinner, visiting from Canada. Along with my Aunty, Nana and my cousin and her husband. Now would be a good time to mention that my married cousin is 31 and the other one is 29. We had a beautiful dinner, made up of salads, lamb and potatoes, the usual in this household. Everyone gradually left and my cousin and her Canadian boyfriend stayed the night. They were in Australian for the week visiting the family, usually living in Toronto, but we had lots of fun hearing about what they were up to over there.

Early morning, we had a fruit platter and yoghurt for breakfast and strolled down to the Camberwell Junction for a long walk. We spent most of our morning up there, as we showed them some shops and stopped for a coffee at my sister’s work. They are into their fitness so they really enjoyed the relaxing walk down there.

On Thursday, I spent the night at my friend’s house; Ruby, you may remember her from last year. She now goes to Genazzano, so it is good to catch up often. We made Easter biscuits and went to Grill’d for dinner. We also happened to bump into Tom, Will, Ed and Alex, which was quite an awkward surprise; but now I am not looking forward to seeing them again at school! We grabbed a movie to watch and ate some of our Easter cookies throughout that!

Every year, we go to my Grandma’s house for Good Friday lunch and so that is where we spent our Good Friday. Straight from there, we drove to Rosebud, to stay for the Easter weekend with some family friends. Friday night was pretty relaxed but we did stay up til midnight with music thumping! I regret staying up to hear all this old music, watching my mum disco dance to ‘Staying Alive’ and hearing some of the things that my dad used to love listening to, EMBARRASSING!

On Saturday, we did a huge walk across the beaches of Portsea and Sorrento. They call it the millionaires walk, as you can actually stroll through the backyards of million dollar mansions! We continued on through the beaches with breathtaking views and the sights of even more beach houses. After we arrived back home, we had lunch, to then head off to some wineries where the parents wine tasted and the kids just stood around looking bored.

We had the usual for dinner but I think the highlight of the night was dessert. I put together a mouth-watering key lime pie and I hate to be so vain, but that pie was amazing!

We woke up to Easter Eggs on the table, to be exact, a Richmond Easter Egg and a Marvellous Creations Bunny! We had an Easter egg hunt in the front yard, as we do every year, to add to the eggs I got on Good Friday. Afterwards, we went to church and came back for a fantastic lunch of lamb and veggies. We needed to come home and so we did, for the over hour long drive. For dinner, we had Tacos, made my sister and her friend, Matt.

Well that’s about it, I told you my holidays were nothing special! But I guess you wanted to know about them…

Posted April 21, 2014 by baker2012 in category Uncategorized