September 23

100 Word Challenge

For those of you who are looking for something to do over the holidays the 100 Word Challenge is still going so I will post them each week for those of you who want to enter. This week is another picture and I have included an example of someones work.

This week we have a photo that some teachers may recognise. It comes from an exhibition of sculptures I saw in Paris.

Pot of legs Week#4

As usual, you have only 100 words to produce a creative piece of writing. Do read through your work before you post it to make sure you have tweaked those little clerical mistakes like punctuation.

Read Dana’s 100 words below:

Cotton clouds filled the Parisian sky. It was the day of the school trip to the sculpture exhibition. Excitement filled the air as the sun beamed down on France.
“Gather around for the final sculpture everyone”, boomed the beastly teacher, wishing to leave as soon as possible. Silence echoed around. Everybody stared at the strange statue with its legs in the air and its flowerpot head on the ground. Excitement turned to disappointment. Every voice in the class was used to disparage the strange creation in front of them. A thunderous sound roared and the statue’s eyes turned blood red…..

Posted September 23, 2013 by baker2012 in category Uncategorized

4 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge

1. Jenna Iovino

We are doing the 100 word challenge as well! I am a 6th grade teacher in Apache Junction, Arizona. Maybe we could blog to one another and share our writing! 🙂

1. baker2012 (Post author)

Hi Jenna we would love to blog with you! We are in Melbourne, Australia! We are on holidays until 9th of October but after that we could start blogging! What is your blog address?

2. Jenna Iovino

Great! I let my students know today that you are from Australia! We are thrilled and very excited. My blog site is: http://blogs.goaj.org/jiovino/

When you guys come back from your break, our class already gathered some questions we wanted to ask you! Maybe when you have time your class can respond and then ask us some questions! We can’t wait to hear from you 🙂

Questions:

What season are you in?
    What is the time zone like?
    What is the name of your school?
    What is the weather like?
    What grade is your students in?